Do I really like plums this much?
Hmm.. I have a confession to make. Even though I have uploaded a number of plum recipes, I am not a big fan of raw plums. But once cooked, I am all over them! You can’t keep me away from them, no matter. I know, I know, I am supposed to love them unconditionally, raw or cooked, just like our children but what can I do? Some things are just better cooked. This recipe for making poached plums results in the most buttery delicious plums. Please, please give it a go! It’s a fantastic dish and can go with breakast pancakes, french toasts, ice creams and cakes.
- 4 plums halved (do not remove the pits)
- 150 ml water
- 1 tbsp golden caster sugar
- 1 pinch cinnamon optional
- Pour the water in the pan.
- Lay the plums with cut side up, in a single layer. Pour sugar on top of the plums and set aside for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 230 degrees celsius.
- Put the pan with plums in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the over and serve hot with pancakes or cold with ice creams.